Chums, the leading brand in eyewear retainers and protective accessories for dry-land and water-based activities, has revamped its bag and waist pack collections with exciting new models and updated styles. The latest in Chums’ bag collection includes a cavernous new addition to its Storm Series line of rolltop dry bags and completely redesigned models of the best sellers in its waist pack collection. While Chums is known for its eyewear retainers and iconic Surfshorts wallet, its revamped Storm Series and waist pack collection showcase that the brand’s innovation in protective accessories for outdoor adventure reaches well beyond eyewear and iPhones.
“We’re the first name in eyewear retention, but many don’t realize how deep our bag line goes. Chums is known for providing protection and security for your essentials on any adventure, and that goes beyond just keeping your sunglasses on your head and safe from mishaps. From multi-day adventures on the river to trail runs and casual treks around town, there is a Chums bag to fit any need,” commented Ben Falkson, marketing director for Chums.
Born on the river but made for wherever life may take you, the Chums Storm Series line of bags keeps essentials of all sizes dry and accessible. The newest member of the Storm Series family is the 52L Storm Rolltop Duffel ($154.99). Built to keep large loads dry over the long haul, the high-capacity Storm Rolltop Duffel has ample room for clothing, camping gear, and more. Ultrasonic welded seams ensure any gear inside stays dry; removable, adjustable backpack straps help make heavy loads easy to carry; and external webbing attachment points make it easy to secure extra gear.
The Storm Rolltop Duffel is the latest addition to Chums’ deep collection of premium watertight bags, which also includes:
- Storm Jam ($29.99): A minimalist carry piece to keep your phone and select essentials within reach. Touchscreen-compatible window adds never-stop phone functionality.
- Downstream 4L ($44.99): The perfect size for light adventures on or near the water. Can be worn as a waist pack or sling.
- Storm Rolltop Sling ($99.99): This 20L medium-capacity bag has plenty of storage for any adventure on the water. External bungee cord for securing gear and a touchscreen-compatible phone pocket with a water-resistant zipper provide thoughtful functionality.
- Downriver Rolltop Backpack ($129.99): There are few places this high-capacity 32L bag can’t go. A water bottle sleeve and exterior pockets with water-resistant zippers and touchscreen compatibility enhance its oversized interior.
Not every adventure requires a watertight bag built to withstand the harshest conditions. Chums’ redesigned waist pack collection amplifies the brand’s catalog of bags and provides multiple solutions for people who need light-and-tight packs for their adventures on the trail or while cruising around town.
- Neo Pocket ($21.99): Made for the minimalist who doesn’t want to stash their phone and keys in their pockets. This slim profile pack is built from water-resistant, quick-drying neoprene and is thin enough to fit comfortably under a shirt or jacket. Secondary front mesh stash pocket is perfect for quick access to a snack bar or energy gel.
- Trail Jam ($24.99): This mid-sized waist pack is perfect for keeping pockets free and essentials secure. Looks great when worn as a cross-body bag or waist pack, and its padded mesh back adds all-day comfort.
- Trekker ($26.99): A full-featured pack crafted for longer adventures, its design includes two external zippered compartments, a convenient front stash pocket, and interior organization elements. Large enough for your essential items, with extra space for a packable windbreaker or a backup snack supply.
- Trail Dawg LTD ($36.99): An eye-catching new color update to this tried-and-true waist pack designed with four-legged companions in mind. This mid-capacity pack boasts a collapsible water bowl, two water bottle holders, an external phone compartment with touchscreen-compatible window, and of course plenty of room for treats.
The updates to Chums’ Storm Series and waist pack collections build additional excitement as the company celebrates its 40th anniversary. Earlier this year, Chums released the first installment in its 40th Anniversary Collection, and additional new releases are slated for later this summer.
Founded on the Colorado River in 1983, Chums creates eyewear retainers, bags, and accessories preferred by river rats, guides, dirtbags, and weekend warriors who need their gear to be safe and secure. Our community is the early risers and the go-getters who choose their equipment carefully and rely on it day in and day out. A family-run business committed to world-class customer service, Chums produces innovative outdoor products built for adventure. To learn more, visit http://www.chums.com/.