Certified B Corporation™ and mission-driven brand, Cotopaxi, today released its annual Impact Report, sharing insights and statistics into the brand’s ongoing social and environmental achievements, carbon accounting, supply chain governance, corporate philanthropy, and workforce diversification.
Founded in 2014 as a vehicle to fight extreme poverty, Cotopaxi has aided more than 3.8 million people to date through vetted organizations in the education, employment, and health care spaces. The 2022 report focuses on achievements in the sustainability and humanitarian aid space, measuring current impact as well as outlining future goals and concrete steps towards continuous growth and improvement. Highlights from the report include:
· 100% Carbon Neutral for the 3rd year in a row, maintaining a carbon intensity score under 1%
· Eliminated all single use plastic packaging from supply chain, transitioned retail stores to renewable energy, and financially supported their largest supplier to transition to 100% solar energy
· Kept over 1.8 million yards of fabric out of landfills through Teca and Del Dia repurposed fabric programs
· Cotopaxi allocated over $1 million of revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation resulting in grants to nonprofit partners in nine countries
· Provided over 171,000 people in South America with malaria treatments and testing
· Assisted over 8,500 refugees in Ecuador and Venezuela
· Sponsored education for over 19,000 children
· Raised over $50,000 in partnership with Mercy Corps to support relief efforts in and around Ukraine, ultimately helping them reach over 76,000 people.
“Cotopaxi remains committed to the shared ideals of ethics, kindness, and adaptation,” says Annie Agle, Cotopaxi’s Senior Director of Impact and Sustainability. “This report provides a transparent overview of our performance around solving hard societal problems and realizing a model that allows businesses to do good. More than numbers and benchmarks, we hope that any individual who has played a role in these achievements can feel positive about that support. We will continue to improve – year by year, bit by bit, and with their help”
Looking forward, Cotopaxi has set goals to expand initiatives for Fair Trade, living wage programs, circular selling, sustainability and environmentalism. “Our impact work is the essence of Cotopaxi,” says President Damien Huang. “In 2023, we will also set revised, ambitious goals to lessen our negative environmental impact and work towards full Net Zero status, as well as launching a variety of circularity and recommerce initiatives. More importantly, the participation of our employees, customers, and partners in the business of doing good will reach new heights.”
To view the Cotopaxi 2022 Impact report, please visit: Cotopaxi.com/pages/impact-report