Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR), the leading coalition of outdoor recreation trade associations who collectively represent the $862 billion outdoor recreation economy, announced Wednesday the creation of a new program director position. The program director will join ORR’s staff and work strategically to build upon and expand ORR’s key programmatic areas currently consisting of Workforce, Rural Development, State Offices of Outdoor Recreation, and the Together Outdoors Coalition.
“We are thrilled to be expanding ORR’s team of professionals dedicated to supporting the outdoor recreation economy, advocating for the conservation of our nation’s public lands and waters, and ensuring that all Americans have the ability to benefit from access to the great outdoors and feel welcomed there,” said Jessica Wahl-Turner, President of ORR. “ORR is looking for a program director who has the experience, curiosity, and drive to take our existing programs to the next level and find new ways to bolster ORR’s members and the entire $862 billion outdoor industry.”
Key responsibilities for this new position involve the Together Outdoors Coalition, Workforce Program, and State Office of Outdoor Recreation Program, and include:
● Building out partnerships, plans, and future work that will elevate the entire outdoor sector and serving as project manager on relevant programs.
● Providing strategic oversight and communications around programs.
● Driving program development and engagement with coalition members and ensuring all programs are supporting ORR’s 3-year Strategic Plan and Together Outdoors objectives.
● Presenting at member trade shows, conferences, and partner events and providing expertise on ORR programs at conferences and convenings.
● Supporting program fundraising and development by creating relationships and leading strategic initiatives.
For additional details about the position, including opportunities for remote work and competitive benefits, please visit https://recreationroundtable.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Program-Director-Job-Posting.pdf. ORR is an equal opportunity employer.