The Outdoor Retailer Snow Show gets underway Tuesday in its new (old) home of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Many events and activities are part of the show’s return to Salt Lake including a Homecoming Block Party on Tuesday night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. that is open to the public and will feature a pep rally, DJs, a drone show over the Salt Palace Convention Center, a beer garden, food trucks and more.
“Salt Lake City has been a rich part of Outdoor Retailer’s history. We are so happy to be back and are excited to throw a big party for the industry and local community,” said Marisa Nicholson, Outdoor Retailer vice president and show director.
On Monday, retail buyers and media enjoyed a day on the snow at The Summit by Outdoor Retailer with curated winter sports activities and guided classes.
Other events and educational sessions this week include:
- The Industry Breakfast on Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. in the Salt Lake Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency with keynote speaker Dr. Abe Bakhsheshy, a Professor and Lecturer of Organizational Behavior at the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business.
- OIA Industry Lunch – “Building on Historic Wins: What’s Next for the Outdoors and the Outdoor Economy Following the 2022 Elections” on Tuesday at 12 p.m. in the Salt Lake Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency.
- NPD Trend Session on Wednesday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. in the Salt Lake Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency.
- OIA Industry Lunch – “Thriving Together with Collective Impact: Supporting the Outdoor Equity Movement” on Wednesday at 12 p.m. in the Salt Lake Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency.
- The 5th annual Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards ceremony on Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Salt Lake Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency. All product finalists will also be on display in an Innovation Gallery throughout Snow Show.
- OIA Industry Lunch – “Winter 2022: State of the Outdoor Market” on Thursday at 12:00 p.m. in the Salt Lake Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency.
The OR Snow Show is also expecting healthy retail attendance, with more than 2,600 retail buyers from 1,250 stores registered to attend.