Retail and consumer data, marketing to younger generations, and preseason planning for buyers are just a few of the topics that will be discussed at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Winter trade show.
Outdoor Retailer has released the schedule for its education sessions at the event, which is being held Nov. 14-16 at the Salt Palace Convention Center, in Salt Lake City, Utah. The November date is part of OR’s efforts to put on shows that better align with seasonal buying schedules for retailers.
All education will be on the show floor in both The Camp and Overland Experience show areas, making it easier to access between appointments, according to OR.
A few of the key sessions the organizers are highlighting are:
- Retail and consumer trends with consumer behavior research firm Circana (formerly NPD) (Day 1).
- Gen Z marketing with market research firm YPulse (Day 1).
- Preseason buying and retail planning with retail consultancy Outside Looks (Day 2).
The Outdoor Industry Association is hosting its education sessions in The Camp. OIA sessions will cover:
- PFAS phase-out, led by James Pollack with the Clean Chemistry and Materials Coalition and OIA.
- Lobbying and industry challenges with Rich Harper, director of government affairs for OIA.
- How to adapt to the evolving outdoor consumer, led by Kelly Davis, director of research for OIA.
Other sessions will tackle sustainability, emerging technologies, and marketing strategies. More sessions will continue to be added to the schedule over the coming weeks, including overlanding-focused content.
The most up-to-date schedule will always be available here and in the Outdoor Retailer mobile app.
With the schedule changes, this November’s show will share the Salt Palace with another event. The main entrance for Outdoor Retailer Winter 2023 will be from the West side, across from the Delta Center. A diagram of the location for this show is available on outdoorretailer.com.