(This story was updated on 6/29/2023.)
The panel, which features leaders from Topo Designs, Lowa Boots, Solo Brands, Camp Chef, and DPS Skis, takes place at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 20, in the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake Ballroom. The Hyatt is connected to the Salt Palace Convention Center and a quick walk from the show floor.
The five panelists are:
- Lesley Christoph, Marketing Director, Lowa Boots
- Thomas Laakso, Vice President of Product and Operations, DPS Skis
- Steve McGrath, Vice President of Marketing, Camp Chef
- Jedd Rose, President, Topo Designs
- Somer Webb, CFO, Solo Brands
While the overall industry saw strong growth during the pandemic, demand has slowed due to macroeconomic factors, including rampant inflation.
At the same time the consumer demand dried up, long-delayed orders finally came in after the supply chain backups cleared. That’s all led to a perfect storm of challenging conditions for the industry in 2023, including an inventory glut, especially for hardgoods.
The panelist will offer their insights into how the industry can move through these unprecedented factors.
Executive Roundtable Topics
This discussion will focus on:
- What these brand leaders experienced during the pandemic and lessons they learned.
- How the companies are navigating the current business climate.
- What the business picture will look like for the industry in the near future.
The panel will be moderated by The Daily’s Bart Schaneman, and we’ll have a full report on what the panelists had to say on The Daily after the show.
Outdoor Retailer Summer takes place June 19-21, 2023, in Salt Lake City, Utah. This year the organizers are offering a new approach to the floor plan and layout of the show to improve the user experience for retailers and buyers. The show is categorized by activity to aid retailers as they shop the show, look for new products, and connect with brands.